Wednesday, November 26, 2008

That's How Many?

So now both Evan and David have asked to bring boyfriends.

That means there will be nine of us, seven of whom will be male persons between the ages of 14 and 22. Now I know a lot of you have Thanksgiving holidays of multiple families, but seven young men? Oh, and Evan and David will expect to pack some left-overs away with them.

I'm trying something new with the turkey this year...this is a last minute decision. I am going to braise it. I'm simplifying the recipe somewhat (read: no sausage). Roland is at the grocery store picking up some extra turkey parts for us, along with everything else I have on the list. The grocery is out of thighs, but there are legs a plenty. SO, tonight I will carve up the turkey we already have. Tomorrow I will put two thighs and five eight* drumsticks into a pan with onions, carrots, celery, herbs and broth. I will let that cook for a couple of hours and then will put four breast halves on top and cook a little more. That should be enough to feed them and allow for some leftovers.

I'll let you know how it comes out.

*Roland got six to add to the two our originally turkey came with. I guess I will just give each young man his own drumstick and keep the four breast halves for myself. I may have more turkey than I need. Anyone else want to come over?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:56 PM

    Maybe you could bribe Evan into blogging again with an extra turkeyleg. I want to know about the boyfriend....! How are you as an Mil (i know not legally and probably not with this boyfriend but still!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.