Monday, June 07, 2010

Serendipity? Not quite

Serendipity, you may know, is that phenomenon where you find one thing while looking for something else. It is supposed to be a good thing.


You know, sort of like looking for medical receipts and
finding on June 7
a packet that was mailed March 17
saying that our foster care license will expire June 14
unless we complete and return enclosed materials by May 1.

Yeah, sort of like that, but not QUITE like that.

--

Roland, who admits he was the one who opened the packet, called the licensing worker who will visit us on Friday, June 11. She will do an extension or something. I really think all we want to do is get the license extended until the adoption.

Though on one hand I want to say this is Roland's fault, the truth is that if I had really wanted to renew our license, I would have called a couple of months ago to find out what was going on. I had been thinking that the new licensing worker was really falling down on the job. I mean, I KNEW we should have received something by April at least. I kept thinking I might call and find out what what going on.

Oh, I also found receipts for clothes and such that I could have sent in for reimbursement but now they are more than 3 months old and not eligible.

I think I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when stuff goes missing and you don't unearth it until after the deadline has already passed. It happens around here all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that with a $10 coupon recently. Missed the deadline by one day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.