Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Brian misses Evan

Brain, who has not been feeling well, is currently crying softly because he misses Evan.

Me: "Why do you miss Evan so much?"

Brian: "We never do anything together as a family, and even though Evan and I didn't always get along, sometimes he did things with me." *

Me: "Do you remember telling me about how you couldn't wait for Evan to move out?"

Brian: "Well, you never appreciate what you have until it's gone."

But Brian wants to be reassured, "They are still looking for another kid for us, right? It's too quiet here with just us."
___
*The claim that we don't do things as a family is simply wrong. This conversation started out with him asking if we could all go out to dinner together. I pointed out that we did that just a few nights ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.