Monday, January 15, 2007

Reflecting on being vigilant

Process wonders where the If my life were a novel post comes from. The short answer is too d*mn much time to think. Why should I care about whether they send me more kids? I'm not in this because I want to be a parent. I am a parent. I've had as many kids as I want. I have a good and full life, why do I feel anxious about when they will call? Why don't I just move on with my life? Why do I feel I should be "watching" and just a little lost that no one seems to need me in that way?

So I have too much time to think too much about why I do this, to wonder if it is some sort of psychotic level of co-dependence and to decide that it doesn't really matter how I got this way...I am this way and it is a good way to live.

So send me another kid already.

1 comment:

  1. ah, you're rested and ready for action. good. house break the puppy and finish off the quilt, i have a felling your new kid is flying through the universe toward you even as we speak. did the pictures of the boys ever make it through to you?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.