Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Good decisions

There's a long version to this story, but here's the short version.

Evan saw his counselor today. He came out having decided:
1. Having a car would be "like having one of those dead birds around my neck...you know...that bird that starts with an 'A.'" (Albatross) He's just going to call the dealer with whom he only has a hand-shake deal anyway, and say that he might be interested in a car in a year or two, but not now.

2. Working 30 or 40 hours a week while going to the alternative high school 27 hours a week is probably too much. He really only needs to work 10-15. McDonald's is hiring and he thinks they would probably be willing to give him just that many hours. After all, it is really important to think about more than what a job pays. You also have to consider how much a job costs.

He wanted to know if I had thought about these things? I assured him I had.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be open for a little while, then I will be shutting them off. The blog will stay, but I do not want either to moderate comments or leave the blog available to spammers.